Lesson 13: Learn blues piano, part 2
My online video course Learn Jazz Piano is now available. It’s time to learn the blues in the way a jazz musician plays.
Learn blues piano, part 2 takes you beyond the basics.
No longer will you be playing just 3 chords over the blues scale.
- Use advanced chord changes that turn blues into jazz.
- Play rootless chords with your left hand.
- Incorporate the diminished and Lydian dominant scales into your playing.
- The 30 minute online video comes with downloadable backing tracks and sheet music.
- Learn blues piano online now.
Here’s an illustration of how the 12 bar sequence looks after adding some II – V’s
If you really want to master blues piano you should take it beyond the basic 3 chords.
My eBook Learn Jazz Piano part 2 is also now available.